Macaroni Salad Recipe
In this macaroni salad recipe (ensalada de coditos) the ingredients come together in an delicious flavor explosion. My family really loves this pasta salad recipe when I cook it. That's why I decided to bring it to my dominican food website, so you can enjoy it too.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 diced ripe tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 medium white onion, minced
- 4 boiled eggs cut into wheels
- 1/2 lb diced cheddar cheese
- 1 small can of petite pois peas, drained
- 1 minced celery stalk
- 6 stuffed green olives cut into wheels
- 1 small can of tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (try low fat mayonnaise) mixed with 2 teaspoon minced basil
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
To prepare this delicious macaroni salad recipe, start by cooking the pasta in sufficient water lightly salted. I like to add a spoon of olive oil (if it's extra virgin, much better). When ready (al dente), strain it and set aside. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise (low fat if you prefer), the tuna, onion and celery.
In a salad bowl, mix the remaining ingredients except the eggs. Add the mixture you did before with the mayonnaise and mix everything well. Season with salt and pepper. Finally, add the eggs wheels very carefully.
Put in the refrigerator until serving time. This is a great and easy macaroni salad recipe to share with your family and friends.
Copyright © 2009. MyDominicanFood.com. All Rights Reserved.
The content available in MyDominicanFood.com is for information purposes only and does not
offer warranty of any kind, implied or expressed. Visitors who use this website and rely
on any information do so at their own risk. Responsability of any harm or loss can not be
accepted by the author.