Grilled Chicken Marinade
I cooked this grilled chicken marinade twice. The first time I didn't like the flavor because it was too acid for my taste. But I didn't give up. I kept cooking it, changing the ingredients. The third time it was just great!
I used a nonstick griddle to cook this recipe. I included a picture of my chicken while I was cooking it in the griddle, so you can have an idea. Also you'll have two options to serve this tasty recipe. Keep reading and enjoy this meal, it's delicious.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (if the pieces are big, cut them in half or use 4 thin chicken breasts instead)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (try to buy the one without high fructose corn syrup, it has mercury which accumulates in the body and can cause cancer and other deseases)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 minced or crushed garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter (I use low fat and low calories butter substitute)
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
To start cooking this delicious grilled chicken marinade, wash your chicken with lots of water and 1/2 cup white vinegar. In a medium bowl, season the chicken breasts with the previous ingredients in the same order of the list. Mix everything well, cover and let marinate for at least half hour. You can take this time to chop all the vegetables for the marinade. I'll give you the ingredients later.
Ok! The time has passed and now you are ready to grill your chicken breasts. Preheat the griddle on medium heat. Add a bit of butter and when it melts, add the chicken. Remember to add little bits of butter in different places of the griddle whenever it dries to prevent the chicken from burning.
While cooking the breasts, pinch them with a fork to release their juice. Turn them over occasionally, so they cook evenly in both sides. Grill for 25 to 30 minutes more or until they turn golden brown. Let cool down for 2 to 3 minutes, then cut your chicken into long pieces. Set aside. Don't worry, your grilled chicken marinade will be ready pretty soon.
Here are the Ingredients for the Marinade:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (I use extra virgin, it's healthier)
- 1/2 white onion cut into wheels
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips (this one is optional, but I like it)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 chopped celery stalk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (to neutralize the acid flavor of onion and tomato)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup milk (you can use evaporated milk)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
Directions to prepare this Marinade:
Heat the olive oil in a saute or sauce pan on medium heat. Combine all the ingredients in the same order of the list, stirring constantly. Cook the sauce until it starts to turn thick. Remove from heat.
Well, here I present you two great options for serving this grilled chicken marinade. You can pour the marinade over the chicken breasts or you can mix the chicken with the marinade while still cooking it. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, then serve. I chose this last option and my family really enjoyed it!
Copyright © 2009. MyDominicanFood.com. All Rights Reserved.
The content available in MyDominicanFood.com is for information purposes only and does not
offer warranty of any kind, implied or expressed. Visitors who use this website and rely
on any information do so at their own risk. Responsability of any harm or loss can not be
accepted by the author.